The new packages are now available for Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" in the package repositories. Packages for Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper Drake" should follow within the next few days. If you have already installed an earlier 2.3.x version of emc, this will be offered as an update.
If you still have 2.2.8 or earlier installed, 2.3.5 will not be available as an automatic upgrade. For more information and installation/upgrade instructions, please see the wiki
git users can get this release by checking out the v2.3.5 tag (or follow bugfixes on v2_3_branch). Source tarballs are available from the package repository: http://linuxcnc.org/hardy/dists/hardy/emc2.3/source
Many thanks to the people who have contributed bugfixes for this release.
Change since 2.3.4:
- fix jog increments for mini
- interpreter: detect gouging in last corner before turning off cutter comp
- interpreter: fix another case of a skipped full-circle arc
- task: fix toolchange at quill-up and g30 positions (SF#2941688)
- stepconf: fix direction of 2nd and 3rd parports
- configs: add smithy 516 sample configuration
- image2gcode: respect current TLO and fixture settings
- image2gcode: "extend image" crash on non-square image (SF#2947390)
- documentation improvements
- hostmot2: Accept "idrom v3" firmwares. these are the firmwares that will be released with emc 2.4.x.
- axis: mitigate a memory leak each time a program is loaded or reloaded
Entry first conceived on 3 March 2010, 13:15 UTC, last modified on 15 January 2012, 3:46 UTC
Website Copyright © 2004-2012 Jeff Epler