I used the free (GPL) software JPEXS Free Flash Decompiler to modify the gemcraft swf file. The flash version check is found in the script com.giab.games.gc2.ag.Main; I simply changed all the constants to zero (so it's looking for flash version less than 0.0, instead of less than 11.7). Unfortunately, JPEXS is an IDE and it never "saves" the scripts in "plaintext", so it's hard to illustrate this with a textual diff.
As the game is domain locked, this is not the only modification I had to make. I won't give details of the method I used to circumvent the domain lock.
If I find the game too hard at some point, I suppose I may use my new found powers to make the player overpowered.
Anyway, the game is a lot of fun, and if you enjoy it too you should send some money
to the developers, either now on armorgames by buying the "magician's pouch" or
when the game appears on steam this fall.
Entry first conceived on 8 April 2014, 15:41 UTC, last modified on 8 April 2014, 15:51 UTC
Website Copyright © 2004-2018 Jeff Epler