- update.bin is clearly a modified version of Marlin, under the GPL3 license. Of course, neither monoprice nor Malyan Systems are offering the source
- lcd.bin has some heavy indications of being based on the ESP8266. There's LGPL stuff in there, more license violation ahoy.
Other thoughts based on obsessive googling:
- I've tentatively IDd the low current connectors as JST "XH" series with 2.5mm pitch (rated 3A)
- And the high current connectors as JST "VH" series with 3.96mm pitch (rated 10A)
- why are there no photos of the UI controller board?
- The STM32 pins for the UI controller board are probably PA9/PA10 AKA USART1_TX/RX. Easy to sniff.
- Logic section voltage is supplied by XL1509-3.3, a buck-mode switching regulator with a fixed 3.3V output.
- Many parts in the HV section have part numbers that indicate they might work with a power rail higher than 12V (some people have mentioned using 13.2V)
Entry first conceived on 16 November 2016, 2:04 UTC, last modified on 16 November 2016, 19:32 UTC
Website Copyright © 2004-2018 Jeff Epler