I've recently been watching some videos in a tv series. Having obtained the video files and subtitles from different sources, they had different naming conventions. Mplayer requires that the files have the same name (except for the extension, naturally) Renaming them by hand was a bit of an annoyance, so I wrote "srtrename".
"srtrename" operates under the assumption that it is invoked in a folder with only video files and subtitle files, and that the names of both have a "SSxEE" or "SxE" (season / episode) naming convention, plus an arbitrary amount of noise (such as the name of the show itself). It matches up the subtitle and video files, then prints a series of 'mv -i' commands that would perform the renaming to make the subtitle and video files match. I run it once to look at what it would do, then run it a second time piped to sh to actually do the deed.
I've only used this lightly, but it seems to do the trick.
Note: some extensions for video files are hardcoded; if you have files with a different extension, just add them to the video = glob… line in the obvious (I hope!) way.
Files currently attached to this page:
I've been playing with mandelbulber, a GPL 3D fractal renderer that runs on Linux and Windows. Among other things, it can make animations. I haven't had this much fun since I first discovered fractint in the early 1990s.
The animation is an IFS-type fractal modified by the spherical folding mode. It explores the "alpha", "beta" and "gamma" rotations under General IFS Parameters, ultimately returning to the initial configuration. (too bad I can't figure out how to make the player loop the clip!)
Check it out:
All older entries
Website Copyright © 2004-2018 Jeff Epler