AXIS 1.1 is targeted to several flavors of emc:
- The cradek_stable branch of emc
- The HEAD of emc2
- The version of EMC maintained by Paul C. for BDI
Read on for a summary of some of the changes since 1.0.
Besides support for emc1.5 and emc2, the main new feature is support for G54 offsets with the "Zero Offset" button and Shift-Home keystroke shortcut.
- Wait for EMC to signal it has completed certain commands. This reduces "bouncing" when changing the feed override slider, and fixes a bug which caused the first jog keystroke to be ignored sometimes.
- Make sure the window fits on an 800x600 screen with KDE toolbar (BDI)
- Remove several debugging messages
- Fix warnings when compiling the extension modules
- Fix the step increment combobox on certain window managers (twm, fluxbox)
- Make sure informational readouts are in sync with emc
- Use INI values for relative/absolute and commanded/actual coordinates
Note: 1.1rc1 is nearly identical to the version "1.0-20050918" version on
(originally posted on the AXIS blog)
Entry first conceived on 25 September 2005, 20:32 UTC, last modified on 15 January 2012, 3:46 UTC
Website Copyright © 2004-2017 Jeff Epler