First, we changed the flash's 200uF capacitor for a 33uF one. This decreases the total light of the flash as well as the duration of the flash. Most of these photos were taken at ISO 100, aperture from f/6.3 to f/16, with the shutter open for one or two seconds. Before the change, I had to use an extreme f-stop of f/28 and motion blur was visible in many photos.
It seemed like Chris spent most of the time running the camera, and Emily and I got to destroy things.
We broke balloons, pasta and ice. We also did one non-destructive thing, coins dropped in standing water.
The pasta research was mentioned a few months ago and a memory of it was what prompted me to try breaking the pasta (we actually used linguine, I think).
Entry first conceived on 24 December 2005, 3:14 UTC, last modified on 15 January 2012, 3:46 UTC
Website Copyright © 2004-2018 Jeff Epler