Full announcement: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.emc.devel/1382
Changes in this release:
- pop up a message when the right kernel isn't running
- halcmd will now show an error message instead of segfaulting when inadequate locked memory is available
- allow emc2-sim to be built on 8.04
- stepconf: fix "negative SCALE" problem reported by Christopher Purcell
- comp: fix bad C code generated from variable array declarations such as 'variable double output;'
- documentation improvments
- axis: "touch off" of rotary axis on metric machine
- hostmot2: Support all the PCI, PC/104-Plus, and EPP "Anything I/O" boards: 5i20, 5i22, 5i23, 4i65, 4i68, and 7i43. PCI users should switch from hm2_5i20 to hm2_pci driver.
- hostmot2 changes: Config changes required! pwmgen.scale now works as advertised; stepgen timing params are "u32 ns" instead of "float seconds"; and stepgens now have a .enable pin which needs setting.
- hostmot2 feature additions: Added PDM mode for pwmgen; PWM and PDM frequency are now settable by the user; implemented stepgen maxaccel and maxvel; support open-drain GPIOs; all GPIOs now have some representation in HAL (though the ones used by module instances are restricted); encoder improvements.
- Lots of hostmot2 bug fixes, mostly with pwmgen and stepgen. Thanks to all the brave testers!
(originally posted on the AXIS blog)
Entry first conceived on 12 November 2008, 2:27 UTC, last modified on 15 January 2012, 3:46 UTC
Website Copyright © 2004-2018 Jeff Epler