The new packages are now available for Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" in the package repositories. If you already installed emc 2.3.0 or 2.3.1, this will be offered as an update.
If you still have 2.2.8 or earlier installed, 2.3.2 will not be available as an automatic upgrade. For more information and installation/upgrade instructions, please see http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?UpdatingTo2.3
Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper Drake" packages should follow within a few days.
git users can get this release by checking out the RELEASE_2_3_2 tag (or follow bugfixes on v2_3_branch). Source tarballs are available from the package repository: http://linuxcnc.org/hardy/dists/hardy/emc2.3/source
Many thanks to the people who have contributed bugfixes for this release.
- pyvcp: New "-g" flag to specify window size and position
- classicladder:Fix crash from clicking on comparison objects
- halshow: fix overlap of pin name and value with long values
- calibration now works with hostmot2-style hal files
- documentation improvements
- documentation: fix User Manual menu item
- configure: fix obscure error 'source: not found'
- configure: check that tk and Tkinter versions match
- configure: fix truncated output on some systems
- After an abort, DTG and velocity will now show as 0
- axis: improve max velocity slider default maximum for machines with rotary axes
- axis: when showing machine position, do not include TLO
- axis: in touch-off, show mm/in/degree, radius/diameter
- update CoolTool config files
- stepconf: Fix second and third parport direction settings (in/out) not following the user request.
- stepconf: Fix creating shortcuts on systems where the Desktop directory is not called "Desktop"
- pickconfig: Fix creating shortcuts on systems where the Desktop directory is not called "Desktop"
- Increase the HAL shared memory area. This fixes problems loading complex configurations, such as those that use two mesa cards
- in AXIS, machine position no longer incorrectly shows the tool offset
- in AXIS, use [TRAJ]MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY for the top end of the max velocity slider, instead of [TRAJ]MAX_VELOCITY which is inappropriate for machines with some linear and some rotary axes.
- hm2 stepgen .position-fb now has sub-step resolution (like the sw stepgen)
- hm2 stepgen now supports maxaccel=0, useful when a nice trajectory planner manages your acceleration for you
- hm2 stepgen now supports velocity mode
- hm2: new firmware 5i20/SVST2_4_7I47 (2 encoder + 1 pwm + 4 stepgen on one header)
- bugfix: the hm2-servo sample config now honors INPUT_SCALE and OUTPUT_SCALE from the .ini
- bugfix: much lower following error for the hm2 stepgen
- bugfix: hm2 encoder now honors .reset even when no encoder edges are coming in
- bugfix: (minor) the hm2 driver now uses double instead of hal_float_t for internal temporary variables
- axis: fix a bug that made axis lock up when clicking the "show hidden files" checkbox in the Open dialog
- motion: fix G95 G1 followed by G33
Entry first conceived on 7 July 2009, 12:10 UTC, last modified on 15 January 2012, 3:46 UTC
Website Copyright © 2004-2021 Jeff Epler