The photograph shows two threads cut by EMC on Chris Radek's servo lathe. The tip is cut to a hemisphere using G43 cutter shape compensation. "Once I set my tool offsets correctly, the values in the Machinery's Handbook just worked", said Chris.
Mini-documentation for CSS (subject to change, alpha-quality implentation on CVS trunk):
- G96 D-: Enable CSS with maximum spindle speed of D RPM
- G97: Enable constant RPM mode
- S-: In CSS mode and G20 (inches), program constant surface speed of S feet per minute. In G21 (metric), program constant surface speed of S meters per minute.
Mini-documentation for FPR (subject to change, alpha-quality implementation on CVS trunk):
- G94, G93: (existing G-codes) Select feed per minute mode or inverse time feed mode
- G95: Select feed per revolution mode
- F-: In Feed Per Revolution mode, specify the feed rate in inches or millimeters per revolution.
(originally posted on the AXIS blog)
Entry first conceived on 11 June 2007, 2:05 UTC, last modified on 15 January 2012, 3:46 UTC
Website Copyright © 2004-2021 Jeff Epler