The new packages are now available for Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" and 6.06 "Dapper Drake" in the package repositories. If you already installed emc 2.3.0, this will be offered as an update.
If you still have 2.2.8 or earlier installed, 2.3.1 will not be available as an automatic upgrade. For more information and installation/upgrade instructions, please see http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?UpdatingTo2.3
CVS users can get this release by checking out the RELEASE_2_3_1 tag (or follow bugfixes on v2_3_branch). Source tarballs are available from the package repository: http://linuxcnc.org/hardy/dists/hardy/emc2.3/source
Many thanks to the people who have contributed bugfixes for this release.
Changes since 2.3.0:
- hm2: fixed a bug that would cause the stepgen to oscillate by one step when the scale was negative
- hm2: use stepgen accel headroom in sample configurations
- configs: add GEOMETRY=AXYZ to Sherline4Axis so A rotates
- Fix hal_joystick 'HAL: ERROR: pin_new called after hal_ready'
- documentation improvements
- Fix User and HAL manual links in applications menu
- latency-test: fix illegible font on some systems
- comp: fix a compiler warning when array variables are used
- x86_64/rtai: fix a crashing bug reported by Michael Buesch
- ppc64/sim: fix a compilation error reported by Michael Buesch
Entry first conceived on 17 May 2009, 18:36 UTC, last modified on 15 January 2012, 3:46 UTC
Website Copyright © 2004-2021 Jeff Epler