The new packages are now available for Ubuntu 8.04 "Hardy Heron" in the package repositories. Packages for Ubuntu 6.06 "Dapper Drake" should follow within the next few days. If you have already installed an earlier 2.3.x version of emc, this will be offered as an update.
If you still have 2.2.8 or earlier installed, 2.3.4 will not be available as an automatic upgrade. For more information and installation/upgrade instructions, please see http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emcinfo.pl?UpdatingTo2.3
git users can get this release by checking out the v2.3.4 tag (or follow bugfixes on v2_3_branch). Source tarballs are available from the package repository: http://linuxcnc.org/hardy/dists/hardy/emc2.3/source
Many thanks to the people who have contributed bugfixes for this release.
Changes since 2.3.3:
- Fix two constant surface speed bugs
- Allow M66 timeout to be a fractional number
- 'comp --print-modinc' prints the location of Makefile.modinc, which eases building components that use Makefiles
- stepconf: make the screen fit on 800x600; use expander widgets to access some advanced items.
- fix cooltool configs by adding missing emc.nml reference.
- serport: don't print errors at startup
- fix hang for M1xx code that cannot be executed (SF#2836077)
- rotatekins: Fix forward kinematics (SF#2870683)
- fix saving the direction setup time (SF#2870131)
- improve initial threading synchronization
- hostmot2: sample configuration improvements: the line required for home-to-index is now shown in the samples
- smithy: include sample configuration files for a number of smithy cnc systems (1240, 6130, 622, 924)
- fix spurious extra G0 in the active gcode readouts
The version number of the package is actually 2.3.4-1. The original 2.3.4 package, which was only available for a few minutes, had an error which caused it to require additional Python-related packages be installed.
It looks like I missed posting about the 2.3.3 release, so for good measure here are the changes from 2.3.2 to 2.3.3: Changes since 2.3.2:
- Stepconf: fix error "global name 'machinename' is not defined"
- comp: fix building userspace .comps
- interpreter: Reject bad values of I, J, K in G76 (SF#2817324)
- interpreter: show error instead of silently continuing for certain rejected forms of G76
- documentation improvements
- hm2 bugfix: avoid occasionally filling the system log when stepgen.maxvel is too high for the timings
- tkemc: when running a program, the line following the currently executing line is now visible
Entry first conceived on 28 October 2009, 14:37 UTC, last modified on 15 January 2012, 3:46 UTC
Website Copyright © 2004-2018 Jeff Epler